Terms & Conditions
We know terms and conditions are very dull and nobody wants to read them, but we find it’s best if everybody knows where they stand!
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Terms and Conditions apply to all Guests and all members of their party (including any day visitors, who must be pre-approved with Owners). It is the Guests responsibility to ensure that each member of their party is aware of and accepts the Terms and Conditions and the obligations contained therein. The Owners reserve the right to cancel a booking without compensation or refund should Guests not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
1. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE – Holiday bookings for cottages are bookable any day of the week for short breaks apart from some of the main School Holidays. However, it is still recommended to contact Owner to see what flexibility there is for that period also. In order to prepare the cottages between guests, we ask that you arrive after 4.30 pm and leave by 10.00 am on your departure date. Occasionally extensions to departure time can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
3. BOOKINGS/PAYMENT – All bookings must be made by people aged over 18 years or over. Initially bookings may be provisional – by telephone, or email. No booking is confirmed until a 25% deposit has been received. When you submit an online booking, you will receive an automatically generated summary by email address you provide on the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract only arises when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmations sent to you by email or post. Our preferred method of payment is BACS bank transfer. We also accept credit/debit card payments or cheques payable to Mrs S.A Chesters. Prices are inclusive of VAT. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the holiday date. Please note you may lose your booking and deposit if the full balance is not received as stated. For late bookings (within 30 days), payment is required in full at the time of booking. The price includes all heating, electricity, bed linen, bath and hand towels, tea towels, basic cleaning materials, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets.
4. CANCELLATIONS – Guests may cancel a booking at any time up until 14 days prior to arrival for any reason and receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 14 days will not be eligible for a refund unless Government restrictions have been put in place and you are not allowed to travel. In this instance, a full refund will be given or credit towards a future holiday.
Following your booking, in the unlikely event of your accommodation becoming unavailable due to circumstances outside our control, every effort will be made to provide alternative accommodation at Millmoor Farm or nearby self catering accommodation, or alternatively a complete refund will be paid, including the deposit.
5. SAFETY – Millmoor Farm Holidays has a no smoking policy inside all accommodation. Smoking is prohibited in and around the farmyard and barns, but is allowed on the patio areas outside the cottages. Deep fat fryers and chip pans are banned. Farm participation is normally encouraged at Millmoor Farm and we ask that you contact us prior to your arrival or just after you get here, to see what available slots Farmer Dave has during your stay. (Please see Coronavirus information for current restrictions). For personal safety, it is important that children do not wander around the farm unsupervised and do not climb on the hay bales. Supervision of all children is the responsibility of the parents/guardians. The Owners regret that they cannot be held responsible for your children, their behaviour or any accident that occurs during your stay at Millmoor Farm.
6. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT – Travel Cots and highchairs are available to hire for your holiday. Please see add on extras when making your booking. We do also have a wooden cot if you feel that would be more suitable. Please note that Guests need to supply their own bedding for cots.
7. GENERAL – The number of persons occupying the accommodation must not exceed that stated at the time of booking, unless agreed previously by the Owners. Sub-letting is strictly prohibited. Day visitors are permitted, but to preserve the peaceful surroundings for other guests are limited to 6 per day, unless agreed otherwise with management beforehand. The Owners cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to Guests property, or for personal injury or dog injury, or damage to bicycles, cars or vans or lorries parked at Guests risk. The Owners reserve the right to access the accommodation at all reasonable times without permission. Prior permission will be given to guests whenever possible. The Owners endeavour to maintain high standards of comfort and cleanliness at all times. The Guest must therefore undertake to keep all furniture, fittings and effects in the same good condition as found. All damage must be reported to the Owners as soon as possible. Accidental damage or breakage of a minor nature will not be normally charged for, but the Owners reserve the right to charge for any non-trivial damage, losses or additional cleaning required however caused. Free wifi is available but not 100% guaranteed. The guest must agree not to use the premises broadband facilities for unlawful purpose.